Friday, April 24, 2015

Earth Day

Wednesday April 22 was Earth Day!  Claire and I discovered that we had similar items for Sharing today…she brought her Curious George and I wore a Curious George shirt that I picked up while on my trip to Boston!

 We spent some time outside with the rest of the Northview All Stars cleaning up our school grounds.  We were surprised to see how much trash we collected.  We also felt really good doing something to help clean up the earth on this special day.  We were even lucky enough to sing the song "The Earth is My Home" to the fourth graders!

   



   

In Writer's Workshop, we continue to be our best selves as writers.  We are working so hard on our writing and make sure to write for our readers!

   

   

As you know, our students did not have school on Friday but the teachers did!  So, while the students were home, I set up our classroom incubator.  It is that time of year…our eggs arrive early next week and then we will spend the next 21 days watching and waiting.  With any luck at all, we will have a successful chick hatch in about three weeks.  Stay tuned!


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment