Thursday, November 2, 2017

Writer's Workshop

Our kindergarten writers recently started writing their stories in their Drawing and Writing Journals.  We are working hard on learning that we all have stories to share.  Sometimes we tell stories so much of our focus continues to be on telling stories.  However, we are transitioning in to writing stories as well.  

This process includes telling a story, making a plan and visualizing the story, sketching a picture of the story in the journal, adding labels or even words to the pictures, and then adding details to the picture and the words.  When we are "done" with our writing, we have a little saying that goes like this:

When I'm done…I've just begun!

Then we ask ourselves Can I add anything to the picture?  Can I add any words?  If I can, then I add details to the picture or words.  If not, then I can always start a new story!

   

   

   

   



At the end of our Writer's Workshop each day, we spend some time sharing our stories.  Some days every student shares a story.  Other days, we might take turns sharing our story on the document camera and letting the students "teach" us about what they did today!

   

   

   

   







No comments:

Post a Comment